Sunday, 10 November 2013

Unhappily Ever After: Wonsuponatime Halloween Party

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

Only Child, FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

The London Lipgloss, FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

Zoe LDN, FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

FashionFake, style blog, fashion blog, Wonsuponatimes jewellery, Halloween party, bloggers

Last week me and my friend Mickey attended the Wonsuponatime Unhappily Ever After party in Leicester Square. I was really excited to see the girls again, and meet more of the talented designers who make up the Wonsuponatime family, so we got our costumes together (it was also my main Halloween event as I was having a quiet movie night on the 31st so I really wanted to dress up): Mickey went as a dead Little Red Riding Hood and I portrayed the hunter who unfortunately couldn't save the day and got shredded to pieces.
The event was full of excitement - I caught up with the gorgeous Sarah and Emily from Wonsuponatime, Mickey got her makeup done like a dead doll, and whilst waiting for her I met the lovely Seraphina from Little Miss Lifestyle! It was great to chat about blogging and find out about her blog and what  inspired her. We then enjoyed a DJ set by Zoe from The London Lipgloss who was really chatty and lovely! It was really great to meet a blogger who I have been following for ages, and talking of bloggers who I've met I also bumped into Ella Masters and Jayme OC for the second event in a row and they are just the best! I've been following their blogs for absolute ages and they're such fun and lovely girls.
The jewellery displays of delicate and stunning pieces from the latest collections of the designers were beautiful! Here are some of my favourite designers, collections and pieces from Wonsuponatime:

Annabelle Lucilla displayed her delicate oriental inspired design, with the key piece for me being the peacock earrings which are absolutely incredible! Annabelle takes her illustrations and turns them into detailed designs so what you see has been carefully drawn by the designer herself, and then transferred into metallic jewellery.

It was great to catch up with the beautiful Yasmin Everley, who was dressed as a skeleton and with a full face of paint it took me a little while to recognize her! (I'm such a bright spark, I know...) I admired the stunning spider ring and beetle cocktail rings. Yasmin also had these lollies which entrapped real life scorpions and ants, of course all edible! I still have my scorpion lolly, which I really want to try and I will soon! I've never eaten bugs before. It was great to catch up with her!

Rosie Sanders was an absolute sweetheart to meet and I loved hearing about her latest collection as the renaissance theme stood out. The delicate Neoclassical Couture pieces have got the attention of celebrities such as Nicole Scherzinger and Jessie J and will be seen gracing the bodies of smart, strong business minded women (at least how I see the collection worn) not to exclude the beautiful ladies who lunch. I adore the Harlequin ring from the Renaissance Rebel Pt One collection which is inspired by the first It Girl, Madame de Pompadour, it would look beautiful worn with a bodycon LBD and voluminous sleek hair do.

I also met Momo of Momocreatura who was absolutely lovely! I first saw her collection at LFW and quickly became intrigued by what inspired Momo to create beautiful, yet controversial pieces. She told us that her current collection was like a trip to the forest - when you glance around everything looks cute and fluffy, but if you look closely these things can turn out to be dark and gory. She also gave me a little dead bunny ornament which I have put on a chain and wear as a necklace! I was absolutely over the moon :)

Only Child creates beautiful, space inspired pieces adored by celebrities such as Cara Delevigne and Jaime Winston. Her asteroid bracelets and necklaces are truly out of this world pieces, and would look amazing with a cocktail dress as well as dressed down with skinny jeans and a t-shirt! It might seem like a splurge, but it's really an investment into jewellery future.

One of my favourite pieces came from Reo Jewels: the feather necklace held together by delicate claws. The designer was inspired by the cycle of birth, survival and death which can be seen in the enchanting, wildlife inspired collection.

I'll wrap this mega post up by saying it was a wonderful and educating event to attend, by meeting the designers you get to know the jewellery you buy and hear about the story you're wearing.


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete