Friday, 29 November 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag: A Weekend Away




As some of you who follow me on Twitter will know, I've been away on a very long weekend away to Scotland and I've just got back from it! I asked you on Twitter if you guys would like to see what makeup and skincare products I will take with me on the trip and so many of you said yes - so here are my favourite picks!

This was my first weekend away with the new man in my life so as much as I wanted my skin to relax and get clearer in the fresh air, I also wanted it to look good. In my previous posts I mentioned that I'm really paranoid about my skin as I used to suffer with really aggressive acne when I was a little teen so any blemish or spot can now push me over the edge and make me really miserable. So, I picked natural and pure products to get the best of both worlds - allow my skin to breathe and get the smooth coverage which will make me feel happy and confident.

I'm absolutely in love with the Bare Minerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment and I know it's got mixed reviews as a lot of people raise concerns over coverage during the night BUT it's an absolute treat and doesn't damage my skin or clog my pores in any way. I love the fact that I can still have a little bit of coverage after taking my makeup off which is a massive bonus to anyone who is a little self conscious. To carry on with the mineral makeup theme, I took my Bare Mineral Original Foundation with me as it's a very light foundation which allows skin to breathe and doesn't clog up pores, as well as providing an almost airbrushed coverage. It's so quick and easy to apply, just buff it on with a brush (I use my Sigma F82 Round Kabuki) and voila! Use a little bit of blusher on top, or if you're out walking all day just count on your cheeks getting rosy the natural way.

I think good and clear skin is the most important when going for the natural, minimal makeup look so once you've got that down it's up to you if you want to top up with mascara/lip stain or anything else. I used Premae Harmony Smoothie Serum as a moisturiser and primer as I find it's really good for my skin, creates a good base for foundations/BB's and smells delicious. To depuff my in-front-of-the-computer eyes I used Origins GinZing eye cream which is good, but I wouldn't rate it top of my eye cream list - it's quite shiny so it helps make eyes look brighter but to me it doesn't necessarily depuff eyes. But I'm using it at the moment anyway! And finish creating the bright eyed look by Phwoarr Paint - the holy grail of under eye concealer. For the price of your weekday lunch, this product is an absolute winner and I will recommend it to anyone.

I finished off the look with a coat of mascara just to elongate the lashes and I was happy that this makeup look will take me through the entire day. If you are planning a weekend away in the countryside, there is nothing better than having minimal makeup and also in a number of weather conditions the last thing you want is a face full of makeup which will make you look like a distressed panda by the end of the day.

What are your must have items for a weekend away? Is there a cult product you have to take every time?



1 comment:

  1. At the moment I really don't want to go anywhere with my Mario products! I have only recently discovered them, but I am hooked! http://puresimpleskincare.com/ My skin is the best it has been in a long time.
    I was really interested in the Bare Minerals Night Transformation though. I too am like you and like a bit of coverage even when I am sleeping lol

    ReplyDelete