Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Vichy Normaderm Total Mat Hydrating Gel


It wasn’t so long ago that I was writing about some Vichy skincare products which scored top marks from me, well I want to add another review to that collection. I was very fortunate to be offered to review the new Total Mat hydrating gel from the Vichy Normaderm range – a product which promises to keep your skin hydrated, nourished AND mat. I know there might be similar products on the market at the moment but, one big but, none of them have worked for me. There was a product that once came close, but after several weeks of using it, it just stopped working like it should be so I was very intrigued to find out what this gel would be like and if this product would actually work.

I am a huge fan of the Normaderm range as the products from this range work wonders on my problem skin, leaving it clear and glowing. I apply the Normaderm Total Mat gel after the Vichy Idealia Serum (which I reviewed and you can read what I thought about it here) and then proceed with my usual makeup routine of foundation or BB cream and powder. My skin is combination and can get oily after lunch, so usually after about 1pm, and I’m not the kind of person who carries powder and concealer with her, unless I know that I will at some point have to retouch for a special event so it’s really important to me that my makeup stays fresh and glowing, never greasy.

I like the initial feel of the Normaderm Total Mat gel– it’s easy to spread over the skin and instantly it dries to a mat finish, without feeling like it’s clogging your pores. The effect of the moisturiser lasts for the majority of the working day, including those hot and muggy days when a little shine on the nose and forehead is pretty much inevitable.

The mat effect also looks great if you’re planning a bare faced day as it keeps the natural glow of the skin but doesn’t allow for the shiny grease to overpopulate your face. Add a bit of mascara and tinted lip balm et voila!

I highly rate and recommend this product, like with the rest of the Vichy skincare products this has worked wonders for me. I don’t use Vichy Total Mat hydrating gel every day, more like every couple of days and unlike previously when I used mat moisturisers this product doesn’t make my skin dry, more greasy or encourage any breakouts. Yet again Vichy, my skincare love, thumbs up!



1 comment:

  1. After reading your post about the life serum I got one and I've been using it ever since! Thanks! :D Will check out these products as well!

    ReplyDelete